Kale & Feta Fritters with Hummous & Mint (Gluten-Free, Vegetarian)
Don’t know what to do with a big bunch of kale? Can’t get the kids to eat this super-veggie? Make these delicious Kale and Feta Fritters with the added goodness of Cauliflower Flour! Perfect for lunch, dinner or as a lunchbox snack the next day! They taste so good they won’t even know its kale they’re eating!
- 250 g kale washed, stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 large brown onion finely chopped
- 2 eggs or vegan egg equivalent
- 250 g Greek feta crumbled
- 150 ml milk of choice
- 120 g PomPom Paddock Flour
- ¼ cup fresh mint finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch of salt
- Extra freshly ground pepper
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Add the kale and onion to a large and wide base pan along with one tablespoon of EVOO and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Turn off heat and set aside to start cooling down.
- In a large bowl combine the kale, onion, eggs, feta, milk, flour, mint, cumin, salt and pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Add the remaining EVOO to a wide base frying pan. Over a medium heat add a dollop (a heaped tablespoon) at a time of the fritter batter into the frying pan and using the back of the spoon, flatten to form a fritter. Cook for 2-3 minutes before flipping over to cook the other side. You should be able to cook 4 fritters at once. Repeat until all batter has been used. Add extra EVOO if needed.
- Drizzle with fresh lemon juice and serve warm or cold with hummus, sprouts, watercress salad and mint leaves.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!