Veal Cotoletta with Shaved Cabbage, Apple and Parmesan Insalata
- 1 Pkt PomPom Paddock Italian Coating Mix
- 4 x 100g thin veal steaks
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ small savoy cabbage finely sliced
- 1 granny smith apple finely sliced
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley picked
- ½ cup parmesan shaved
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp cider or white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Steamed roast or mashed potato to serve, optional
- Preferred Mustard or aioli to serve
- 1 lemon cut into wedges, to serve
- Place half the coating mix into a large shallot bowl or plate and the milk into a bowl.
- First dip the veal steaks into the coating mix, then the milk then back into the coating mix, pressing on well. Set aside in the fridge for at least 15 minutes. This allows the coating to firm up on the veal.
- Place the oil into a large frying pan and place over a medium high heat for 3 minutes to get hot enough to cook the veal. Cook the veal, in batches if needed, for 2 minutes each side, until golden and crisp then drain on paper towel.
- While the veal is cooking, place the cabbage, apple, parmesan and parsley into a serving bowl, dress with the olive oil, vinegar and a light seasoning of salt and pepper then gently toss to combine.
- Serve the veal with the cabbage salad, you favourite potato dish and mustard and lemon.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!