Rate this Recipe! 👇 Just click on the stars below!
- 3 cups PomPom Paddock Flour mix
- 2 tsp Xanthan gum
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion finely diced
- 2 clove garlic crushed
- 250 g lamb beef or chicken mince
- 2 tbsp Baharat
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- ½ cup chopped pistachio or pine nuts
- 1 l vegetable oil
- Yoghurt to serve (optional)
- Lemon to serve (optional)
- For the filling, place a frying pan over a high heat, add the oil, onion, garlic with a generous pinch of salt and cook for 2 minutes. Add the Baharat, cumin and lamb and keep over the high heat with a little more salt add, cooking until the mince has broken up, browned and is cooked through but not dry.
- Stir through the pomegranate molasses, nuts, adjust the seasoning, cook for 1 minute longer then allow to cool. This can be made up to 3 days
- For the dough, combine the dry ingredients, mix well then add the oil and water, mix well to form a smooth dough and Knead for 3 minutes. Wrap the dough and let rest for 10 minutes.