Lentil Meatballs Pasta Bolognese (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Dairy Free)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large white onion finely chopped
- 3 carrots grated
- 1 cup cooked brown lentils
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup PomPom Paddock Flour
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1 pack pasta of your choice
- fresh parsley for serving
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Add in carrots and cook for another 5 minutes. Leave half of the carrot mixture in the pan and set aside half that you will use for the meatballs later. Add diced tomatoes to the pan, add seasonings and cook for 15 minutes or until they start to thicken. Switch the heat off, your tomato sauce is ready.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a baking dish.
- Place the reserved cooked carrots, lentils, rice, cauliflower flour and hemp seeds into a food processor. Add in spices and season to taste. Pulse until the mixture comes together and forms a sticky paste.
- Form tablespoons of the mixture into 15 balls.
- Pour half of the tomato sauce on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Arrange meatballs and pour over with the remaining sauce. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Serve the meatballs warm with pasta or any other side dish of your choice and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!