Rate this Recipe! 👇 Just click on the stars below!
- 1 pkt PomPom Paddock Kentucky Coating mix
- 1 cup soy milk or preferred milk
- 1 punnet oyster mushrooms, whole
- 1 block firm tofu, 2 inch thick slices
- your preferred oil for frying
- Place the coating mix into a shallow bowl and the milk into another bowl.
- First toss the tofu and mushrooms in the coating mix, then into the milk and back into the coating mix, pressing it on well. Allow excess milk to stay on the tofu and mushrooms which gives a thicker coating. Place the crumbed veggies onto a plate and let it sit for at least 2 hours in the fridge or overnight if you like.
- Place the oil in a small pot so there is 2cm depth. Heat it over a medium/high heat for 4 minutes until hot enough to fry. Check by adding one piece of tofu. If it begins to fry straight away, the oil is hot enough.
- Cook the tofu and mushrooms in 3-4 batches, to not overcrowd the pan and lower the oil temperature, for 3 minutes, turning the tofu and mushrooms during cooking. Remove with tongs or a slotted spoon and onto paper towel to drain.
- Serve straight away or leave for up to 2 hours at room temp for two hours as a grazing snack with a dipping sauce