Rate this Recipe! 👇 Just click on the stars below!
- 2 2/3 cups PomPom Paddock flour + 3 tbsp for rolling
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp flake salt black pepper to taste
- 125 g unsalted butter frozen & grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- ½ cup each chopped olives and sun-dried tomato
- 1/3 cup basil roughly chopped
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat an oven to 180C.
- In a bowl, combine the 2 2/3 cups flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt & pepper.
- Add the butter and rub in with your fingers to make a rough breadcrumb texture then stir through the cheese, olive and tomatoes.
- Add the basil, egg and buttermilk and mix to bring together.
- Flour a bench and roll the rough into 3cm thick rectangle and carefully transfer to a piece of baking paper. Cut into 12 squares and brush with the egg yolk to glaze.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving or cool completely and store in the fridge.