Buttermilk Fried Cauliflower Chicken
- 800 gm Free-range Chicken breast cut lengthways into schnitzel
- 600 ml Buttermilk
- Vegetable Oil for deep frying
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Cracked black pepper
- 300 gm PomPom Paddock Flour
- 1 teaspoon Oregano leaves dry
- 2 teaspoons Coriander seeds ground
- 2 teaspoons Cumin ground
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds ground
- 1 teaspoon Paprika smoked
- Place the chicken schnitzel into the buttermilk, toss to coat then cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or even better overnight, but no longer or the chicken can break down too much.
- Mix the PomPom Paddock Cauliflower Flour Mix with the salt, pepper, oregano, coriander, cumin, fennel and paprika in a large tray
- In a large pot add vegetable oil until the pot is two thirds full.
- Place on medium heat until it gets to 180°C. If you don't have a deep-frying thermometer, take a small amount of the flour mix into the hot oil. If it floats to the top quickly then it's ready to cook.
- Drain off some of the excess buttermilk from the chicken and then press into the flour mix and coat it in the flour
- Cook the chicken in batches for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown, lower the heat if it is browning too fast.
- Drain on paper towel and keep warm in the oven preheated to 160°C