Tasty Banana, Coconut, Oat & Yoghurt Bread (Gluten-Free)
- 4 large bananas
- 150 g coconut oil melted, cooled
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs lightly mixed
- 1 tsp each cinnamon & allspice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup desiccated coconut or almond meal
- 1 ½ cups PPP flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bi-carb powder
- ½ cup natural yoghurt or buttermilk
- ¼ cup honey
- Salted butter and maple syrup or honey to serve.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line a 1.5l loaf tin or two smaller tins with baking paper.
- Mash 3 bananas and add the coconut oil, sugar, eggs and spices. Mix well to a smooth batter then add the 2/3 of the oats, coconut, sift in the flour, baking powder and bi carb and stir through the yoghurt.
- Spoon the mix into the moulds, cut the banana in half lengthways and then into quarters and press into the loaf along with the remaining oats.
- Drizzle with the honey and bake for 30-35 minutes until a skewer comes out clean. Turn out onto a cooling rack, slice and serve with butter and maple if desired. Store in an airtight container in the fridge and toast to reheat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!