Rate this Recipe! 👇 Just click on the stars below!
- 4 large bananas
- 150 g coconut oil melted, cooled
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs lightly mixed
- 1 tsp each cinnamon & allspice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup desiccated coconut or almond meal
- 1 ½ cups PPP flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bi-carb powder
- ½ cup natural yoghurt or buttermilk
- ¼ cup honey
- Salted butter and maple syrup or honey to serve.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line a 1.5l loaf tin or two smaller tins with baking paper.
- Mash 3 bananas and add the coconut oil, sugar, eggs and spices. Mix well to a smooth batter then add the 2/3 of the oats, coconut, sift in the flour, baking powder and bi carb and stir through the yoghurt.
- Spoon the mix into the moulds, cut the banana in half lengthways and then into quarters and press into the loaf along with the remaining oats.
- Drizzle with the honey and bake for 30-35 minutes until a skewer comes out clean. Turn out onto a cooling rack, slice and serve with butter and maple if desired. Store in an airtight container in the fridge and toast to reheat.