Gluten-Free Caramilk Slice
- 1 cup 150g PomPom Paddock Flour
- ½ cup 40g Desiccated coconut
- 125 g Unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup 90g Brown sugar
- 125 g Unsalted butter chopped
- 2 395g Cans sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ cup 115g Golden syrup
- 200 g Dark chocolate chopped
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the flour, coconut, butter and sugar in a bowl and mix to combine. Using the back of a spoon, press the mixture into the base of a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm tin lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 15–20 minutes or until golden.
- While the base is cooking, make the caramel filling. Place the butter, condensed milk and golden syrup, in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until the butter is melted and cook, whisking frequently, for 5–7 minutes or until the mixture has thickened slightly (see tip). Pour the caramel over the cooked base, spread evenly with a palette knife and cook for 15–20 minutes or until golden. Cool slightly and refrigerate until cold.
- To make the chocolate topping, place the chocolate and oil in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, and stir until melted and smooth. Pour the chocolate over the caramel mixture and spread evenly. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until firm. Using a warm knife, cut into slices or squares to serve.