Berry Cinnamon Tart (Gluten-Free)
- 80 ml water
- 4 ice cubes
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/3 cups 230g Pom Pom Paddock Flour
- 1/3 cup 65g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp 22g raw cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp finely ground sea salt
- 125 g cold unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 2 cups coconut yoghurt
- 150 g strawberries sliced
- 100 g raspberries
- 50-100 g blueberries
- Maple syrup
To make the pastry
- Mix together water, ice cubes and apple cider vinegar.
- In a large bowl combine Pom Pom Paddock Cauliflower Flour Mix, coconut sugar, cinnamon, raw cacao powder and sea salt in a bowl and mix.
- Add flour and using clean hands, rub the butter into the flour mix to create a crumbly dough. Make a well in the middle, and add a small amount of the icy apple cider vinegar water and mix with hands, continue working the liquid in until the pastry comes together and forms a dough.
- Shape into a disc, cover with plastic wrap and pop in fridge for 2 hours.
- Once the pastry is ready, heat the oven to 200C.
- Dust a clean surface with flour, place pastry disc in the middle and roll out using a floured rolling pin or glass until it is approximately 32cm in diameter.
- Line the pastry into a 28cm tart tin (with removable base), allowing pastry overhang. Then using your fingers, pinch the overhang to cut and shape it into the tin gently.
- Place a piece of greaseproof paper over the top of the pastry, weigh it down with some pastry weights or dried lentils and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pastry weights and bake a further 5 minutes. Cool completely before filling.
To fill the tart
- Remove pastry from the tart tin. Spread coconut yoghurt around the pastry base, top with berries, drizzle with maple syrup and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!