Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spiced Waffles
- 200 grams PomPom Paddock Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- ⅔ cup plain unsweetened almond milk or any milk of choice
- ½ cup melted coconut oil or 7 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, mix through and combine the PomPom Flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg and all spice.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Then add the milk, coconut oil or butter, pumpkin purée, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk until the mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the PomPom Flour mixture. Stir with a large spoon until just combined (the batter will still be a little lumpy). Let the batter rest for 10 minutes so the PomPom Flour has time to soak up some of the moisture. Plug in your waffle iron to preheat now.
- Once 10 minutes is up, give the batter one more, gentle swirl with your spoon. Pour batter onto the heated waffle iron, enough to cover the centre and most of the central surface area, and close the lid.
- Once the waffle is deeply golden and crisp, transfer it to a cooling rack or baking sheet. Don’t stack your waffles on top of each other or they’ll lose crispness. Repeat with remaining batter and serve with desired toppings on the side.
Toppings we like: More maple syrup, nut butter and/or toasted nuts, coconut whipped cream.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!