Rate this Recipe! 👇 Just click on the stars below!
- 1 pkt PomPom Paddock Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 900 g Paul’s French Vanilla Double Thick Custard optional to make your own
- 500 g fresh Strawberries sliced in half (2 punnets)
- 500 g fresh Cherries
- 250 g Blackberries or Raspberries
- 300 g thickened cream
- 250 g mascarpone
- 170 g strawberry jelly 2 x packets
- Handful of flaked almonds
- 20 cm diameter trifle bowl
- Prepare jelly according to packet instructions and pour into trifle bowl. Place into fridge and let it set for 2 hours. In the meantime, prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Prepare the pancakes according to the packet instructions. The pancake and waffle mixture will make approximately 12 large pancakes but you will need 7 for the trifle. Cut them up into 3cm diced pieces and set aside (optional to sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of sherry or grape juice over the diced pieces).
- Wash and dry all the berries and cherries. Slice in half and remove the pit of half the cherries. These will be used in the layers of the trifle whilst the whole cherries will be used to top the trifle at the end.
- Using a mixer, beat the cream until soft peaks form. Add the mascarpone cheese and gently fold in. Combine well.
- Now we are ready to assemble the trifle. Top the jelly with the custard, then half the strawberries, the pitted cherries and half the berries. Then add the diced pieces of pancakes and then top with the remaining strawberries and berries. Finally pour over the mascarpone cream and garnish with the whole cherries, a few berries and the flaked almonds (optional to add mint leaves).
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.