- 1 1/2 cups PomPom Paddock Flour
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 banana extra
- Maple syrup for serving
- Pre-Heat oven to 180C.
- Place the mashed banana in a large bowl, add the oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla and stir to combine. Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Pour into a 25cm x 10cm lightly greased and lined loaf tin. Slice the extra banana in half and place cut side up on top of the mixture. Bake for 1 hour. Brush the top with maple syrup.
- Cool in the tin before turning out.
The banana bread can be served with whipped ricotta and extra maple syrup as a lovely brunch or a perfect lunchbox treat.