Fig, Raspberry & Strawberry Galette
This galette is such a beautiful way to showcase some of the season’s best fruits. The pastry makes enough for two galettes so keep it wrapped in the fridge or freeze it and make this over and over again.
- 2 cups PPP flour mix
- 1.5 tsp xanthan gum
- Pinch salt
- 100 g butter slightly softened
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 4 figs each cut into 6ths
- 1 punnet raspberries
- ½ punnet strawberries stem removes, quartered
- Zest 1 orange
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- Chocolate ice- cream to serve
- For the pastry, in a mixing bowl, combine the flour, xanthan and salt then add the butter and use your fingers to rub to a breadcrumb-like texture. Add the egg, yolk and water and gently knead to bring together. Let rest in the fridge for 10 minutes then divide into two pieces.
- Using two pieces of baking paper, roll one piece into a thin round circle approx. 28cm and place back in the fridge.
- Preheat an oven to 180C.
- Combine the figs, half the raspberries and strawberries orange zest and honey.
- Remove the top layer of baking paper form the pastry and place the pastry onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle the desiccated coconut around the centre of the pastry leaving a 3-4cm border. Pile the fruit on top of the coconut then fold the pastry edge up and over the fruit, pleating the pastry rustically as you go. Brush the edges with the egg yolk and sprinkle with the raw sugar. Bake for approx. 30 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden.
- Carefully transfer the galette off the baking paper, onto a serving plate and serve with the ice-cream.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!