Strawberry Yoghurt Cake (Gluten-Free)
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup caster sugar
- zest 1 lemon and orange reserve fruit for the syrup
- 3 eggs
- 2 cup yoghurt
- 1 2/3 cup PomPom Paddock Flour sifted
- ¼ cup hazelnut or almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 punnets of strawberries green stem removed
- Juice 1 lemon & orange
- 100 g cater sugar
- Preheat an oven to 170C and grease and line the base of a 24cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine the coconut oil, sugar, zests, eggs and yoghurt.
- Mix for 30 seconds to a smooth batter.
- Combine the Cauliflower flour, hazelnut or almond meal, baking powder and salt. Add this dry mix to the wet ingredients and mix to just combine.
- Spoon the batter into the cake tin and push 1 punnet of the trimmed strawberries into the cake mix and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Cut the remaining berries into slices.
- Place the citrus juice and 100g sugar into a small saucepan and reduce by half. Keep hot to pour over the cake.
- Remove the cake form the oven, pour over the hot syrup and allow the cake to cool for 10 mins before removing form the cake tin. To serve, top with the sliced berries and serve with desire yoghurt, ice cream or cream.