PomPom Celebration Cake
A simple cake that doesn’t disappoint. Perfect for birthdays, special occasions or that school holiday baking. The recipe also works well for cupcakes topped with the icing. The cake layers can be made the day before and stored at room temp in a sealed container.
- 2 x bottles PomPom Paddock Pancake & Waffle mix
- 1 cup cocoa powder + extra for dusting cake
- 2 cup preferred milk
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 500 g cream cheese room temp
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- ½ cup melted dark chocolate
- 1 cup icing sugar sifted
- 1 punnet raspberries cut in half
- Preheat an oven to 175C. Grease 2 non-stick 24cm square or round cake tins.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pancake mix, cocoa powder, milk, egg, coconut oil.
- Pour this evenly between the two cake tins and bake for approx.. 25-30 minutes until the cakes are firm.
- Allow to cool completely before carefully removing from the tins to complete the cake.
- For the chocolate cream cheese frosting, combine the cream cheese, butter and icing sugar in a mixer with a whisk and whisk to soft peaks then whip through the melted chocolate.
- Place one of the cakes onto a serving plate and spread 1/3 of the frosting evenly over it then sandwich with the other cake and spread the frosting all over the cakes top and sides using a spatula.
- Dust with some icing sugar and top with the raspberries to serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!