Rate this Recipe! 👇 Just click on the stars below!
- 2 x bottles PomPom Paddock Pancake & Waffle mix
- 1 cup cocoa powder + extra for dusting cake
- 2 cup preferred milk
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 500 g cream cheese room temp
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- ½ cup melted dark chocolate
- 1 cup icing sugar sifted
- 1 punnet raspberries cut in half
- Preheat an oven to 175C. Grease 2 non-stick 24cm square or round cake tins.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pancake mix, cocoa powder, milk, egg, coconut oil.
- Pour this evenly between the two cake tins and bake for approx.. 25-30 minutes until the cakes are firm.
- Allow to cool completely before carefully removing from the tins to complete the cake.
- For the chocolate cream cheese frosting, combine the cream cheese, butter and icing sugar in a mixer with a whisk and whisk to soft peaks then whip through the melted chocolate.
- Place one of the cakes onto a serving plate and spread 1/3 of the frosting evenly over it then sandwich with the other cake and spread the frosting all over the cakes top and sides using a spatula.
- Dust with some icing sugar and top with the raspberries to serve.