Gluten-Free Chewy Choc Chip & Pecan Cookies
- ½ cup sugar 100g
- ¾ cup brown sugar 165g, packed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter 115g, melted
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups PomPom Paddock Flour 155g
- ½ teaspoon bicarb soda
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chunks 110g
- ½ cup roughly chopped pecans or nut of your choice 110g
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, salt, and butter until a paste forms with no lumps.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla, beating until light ribbons fall off the whisk and remain for a short while before falling back into the mixture.
- Sift in the PomPom Paddock Cauliflower Flour Mix and bicarb soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks and pecans, then chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. For a more intense toffee-like flavour and deeper colour, chill the dough overnight. The longer the dough rests, the more complex its flavour will be.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Scoop the dough with an ice-cream scoop onto the baking paper, leaving at least 10 cm of space between cookies and 5 cm of space from the edges of the pan so that the cookies can spread evenly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges have started to barely brown.
- Cool completely on the tray before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!