Rate this Recipe! 👇 Just click on the stars below!
- 340 g PomPom Paddock Flour
- 150 g icing sugar
- 150 g cold salted butter diced 1cm cubed
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large wide bowl, sift the flour and icing sugar. Rub in the butter with your fingers and crumble the flour and butter until it resembles crumbs.
- Add to the bowl the egg, water, vanilla, ginger and cinnamon. Combine well until it forms a soft dough. Shape it into a slab and wrap it in plastic. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cover baking trays with baking paper to place the star cookies on. Pre heat oven to 170C fan forced.
- Remove dough from fridge and separate into 4-5 sections. Knead each section gently until it becomes soft on a floured surface. Then between 2 pieces of baking paper, roll out to 5mm thick. Using a star cookie cutter, cut out the star and place onto baking tray. Repeat with remaining star cookie cutters and dough.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. Remove and allow to completely cool.
- Decorate each star cookie with royal icing and assemble. Use the largest cookie as the base, start sandwiching the iced cookies together altering orientation.