Ricotta, Berry, Chia & Almond Breakfast Slice
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries defrosted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp rosewater optional
- 1 1/2 cup PomPom Paddock Flour Mix
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup rapadura or coconut sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/3 cup coconut or nut milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 egg room temperature
- Zest 1 lemon or orange
- 1 ½ cups ricotta
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp PomPom Paddock Flour Mix
- Zest & juice 1 lemon or orange
- Place the berries into a saucepan with the maple syrup, chia and water. Mix well and cook over a medium/high heat for approx. 5 minutes, until thickened. Add the rosewater if using. Set aside and cool
- Preheat an oven to 180C. Grease and line an approx. 20cm x 20cm square baking tin or similar size rectangle baking pan with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, almond meal, coconut, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the coconut milk, oil egg and zest and mix together to form a dough.
- Evenly press this dough into the lined baking tray and top evenly with the berry, chia jam.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk all the ingredients together for the ricotta filling and pour over berries. Cook in the preheated oven for 45 mins, until the ricotta is just firm and slightly colouring around the edges. Turn the oven off and let the slice cool in the oven for 30 minutes then transfer to the fridge for at least 2 hours, overnight is best.
- Cut the slice as desired and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.