PomPom Pancake Mix Doughnuts
- 1 bottle PomPom pancake mix
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup preferred milk
- 2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp preferred milk
- 2 tbsp blackberry jam
- 6 pistachios toasted (optional)
- 1 orange optional
- Preheat an oven to 190C.
- Lightly grease a doughnut baking tray.
- Mix the baking powder with the pancake mix then add the wet ingredients and shake so everything is combined, and you have a thick but runny batter. Pour or spoon this into the doughnut moulds, ¾ full then bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden.
- Carefully tip the doughnuts out onto a cooling rack and repeat with more mix. Allow the doughnuts to completely cool before icing them. The bottom of the doughnut becomes the top to dip in the icing,
- For the icing sugar, mix all the ingredients together to a smooth, thick icing,
- Using your fingers or tongs, dip the doughnuts into the icing to coat the top side of the doughnut then place back onto the cooling rack icing side up.
- Finely shave the pistachio nuts and orange zest and sprinkle over the doughnuts.
- Alternatively, decorate with anything you want.