Rate this Recipe! 👇 Just click on the stars below!
- 1/2 bunch rhubarb washed, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1 punnet strawberries
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- 3 overripe banana mashed
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Zest 1 orange
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cup almond meal or desiccated coconut
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cups PomPom Paddock flour
- Pinch salt
- Preheat an oven to 180C and grease and line a large loaf tin, approx. 25cm long.
- Combine the rhubarb, strawberries and maple in a pot and cook over medium/high heat until broken down and lightly thickened, about 7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl of a mixer, mash the banana and dd the eggs and sugar. Whisking to a smooth puree. Add the cinnamon, orange, coconut oil, almond meal, baking powder and PPP flour mix with a good pinch of salt.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf tin and spoon in enough of the rhubarb jam to cover the top then using a knife, stir it through the batter slightly.
- Bake the cake for 40 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
- Serve the cake with your favourite ice-cream, yoghurt or cream.