Rate this Recipe! 👇 Just click on the stars below!
- 1 punnet strawberries roughly chopped.
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 PPP pancake mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cup preferred milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp butter or oil
- 250 g cream cheese
- 250 g double cream
- Zest 1 orange
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- ¼ cup toasted hazelnuts crushed
- 1 tsp sumac optional
- Combine the strawberries with the maple syrup and cook over a medium/high heat until they are soft and juicy then crush with a fork and set aside in the fridge to chill.
- Place the baking powder into the dry pancake mix and give it a shake to mix then add the milk, egg and oil and shake well to mix.
- Use a non-stick pan and the butter or oil to cook 8 pancakes approx. 8cm diameter. Then allow to cool on a plate.
- Place the cream cheese and cream into a mixer with whisk attachment. Add the orange zest and whip to stiff peaks. Add 1/3 cup strawberry compote to half the mix and Nutella to the other half and mix both separately. Place in the fridge to set for an hour then spoon into piping bags and pipe the Nutella over 2 pancakes and top with another pancake and pipe the strawberry over another 2 pancakes and top with the last two pancakes.
- Press some crushed hazelnuts onto the Nutella cream and sprinkle some sumac onto the strawberry cream. Dust them all with some icing sugar and either serve straight away or refrigerate for an hour or so.