Healthy Carrot Cake Cookies (Gluten-Free, Lunchbox Friendly)
- 1 cup PomPom Paddock Flour
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 egg whisked
- ¾ cup sultanas
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons milk of choice
- Line baking tray with baking paper and preheat oven 180C fan forced.
- Soak sultanas in hot water for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
- In a bowl add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt and quinoa flakes. Combine well.
- In a separate bowl add the coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla bean and egg. Combine well.
- Fold the flour mixture, carrot and sultanas into the egg mixture. Combine well.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, drop a scoop onto the baking tray and using a fork gently flatten. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes then turn the tray around in the oven and bake a further 5 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- In the meantime, combine the icing sugar and milk. Once cookies have cooled down, drizzle over the top. Allow to set before serving.
- Store in fridge for up to 10 days.