Healthy Carrot Cake Cookies (Gluten-Free, Lunchbox Friendly)
These Healthy carrot Cake Cookies have the goodness of cauliflower flour, fresh carrot, sweet sultanas and the health benefits of quinoa. Enjoy them freshly made, in your lunchbox or cold straight from the fridge! Warning: they are highly addictive!
- 1 cup PomPom Paddock Flour
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 egg whisked
- ¾ cup sultanas
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons milk of choice
- Line baking tray with baking paper and preheat oven 180C fan forced.
- Soak sultanas in hot water for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
- In a bowl add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt and quinoa flakes. Combine well.
- In a separate bowl add the coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla bean and egg. Combine well.
- Fold the flour mixture, carrot and sultanas into the egg mixture. Combine well.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, drop a scoop onto the baking tray and using a fork gently flatten. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes then turn the tray around in the oven and bake a further 5 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- In the meantime, combine the icing sugar and milk. Once cookies have cooled down, drizzle over the top. Allow to set before serving.
- Store in fridge for up to 10 days.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!