- ¼ cup tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup PomPom Paddock Flour Mix
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp white miso paste dissolved in ¾ cup water
- ¼ large white cabbage
- 2 mushrooms finely sliced
- White part 3 shallots finely sliced, reserve green tops
- ½ cup pickled ginger drained
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small bottle kewpie mayonnaise
- Thinly slice reserved green shallot tops
- 1 packet nori snack squares
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the okonomiyaki sauce and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, cauliflower flour mix, baking powder, salt and miso broth and whisk to combine.
- Finely shred the cabbage then roughly chop the shredded cabbage.
- Roughly chop half of the pickled ginger and combine it into the egg mix along with the cabbage, shallots and mushrooms. Mix everything together well.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over a high heat.
- Add 1 tbsp of the oil and when hot, add half the cabbage mix to the pan spreading it out about 2cm thick.
- Turn the heat down to medium and cover the pan with a lid. Cook for approx. 2 minutes then carefully flip the okonomiyaki and cook covered for another 2 minutes. Gently slide onto a plate, keep warm and repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- To serve, spoon 3 tbsp of sauce over each okonomiyaki then drizzle the kewpie mayonnaise back and forth in a thin stream all the way across the pancake. Use a skewer to drag across the mayonnaise lined back and forth to form a pattern then distribute the remaining pickled ginger, thinly slice green shallots and nori squares, torn or thinly sliced.