Sicilian Style Pasta with Prawns, Tomato & White Wine (Gluten-Free, Dairy Free)
- 2 cups + ¼ cup for rolling Pompom Paddock cauliflower flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 punnets grape tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 clove garlic roughly chopped
- Good pinch salt
- ¼ tsp dried oregano optional
- Pinch chili flakes (optional
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion finely diced
- 1/3 cup parsley stalks finely sliced, reserve and roughly chop the leaves
- 12 green banana or tiger prawns peeled, cut in half lengthways
- 2 tbsp good quality tomato paste
- 1 lemon to serve
- To make the pasta, place the 2 cups of flour and salt into a bowl, mix and make a well in the centre. Combine the eggs, water and oil together and pour it into the well made in the flour
- Using a fork or your fingers, gradually mix the flour into the water until it all comes together then gentry knead the pasta dough for 2-3 minutes.
- Wrap the kneaded dough in a clean cloth and let rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and season lightly with salt.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a rough rectangle, approx. 3mm thick, on a floured bench (using the reserved flour) then using a knife, cut it into 3mm strips or any shape you want, triangles, squares or rectangles, have some fun with it. Set aside on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Place the grape tomatoes into a medium frying pan along with the olive oil, garlic, salt, oregano and chili. Cook over a medium heat, gently shaking the pan, until the tomatoes are bursting and collapsing then add the white wine and cook out until reduced by half. Set aside.
- In a larger frying pan add the other 2 tbsp olive oil along with the onion, parsley stalks and a good pinch of salt. Cook this for 2 minutes then add the prawns and tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes longer.
- At the same time you added the prawns to the pan, add the pasta to the boiling water and simmer for 2 minutes. Lightly drain through a sieve, keeping some cooking water and to the prawns along with the grape tomatoes and a little cooking water. Toss everything quickly over a high heat and adjust the seasoning. Serve with the chopped parsley and lemon.