Gluten-Free Crumbed Chicken Strips
- 6-8 chicken tenderloins
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup PomPom Paddock Flour + 1/4 more
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley or oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Fresh lemon/lime wedges to serve
- Pre heat oven to 180’C.
- Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Place 1/3 cup cauliflower flour into a separate shallow bowl.
- Combine almond meal, 1/4 cup cauliflower flour, paprika, dried parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a separate bowl.
- One by one, dust each chicken tender in cauliflower flour, follow by dipping into egg wash, and coating in almond meal mixture. Make sure each tender is coated well.
- Transfer to a lined baking tray. Repeat until all tenders are coating.
- Spray coated tenders generously with olive oil and bake in oven for 20 minutes. Turn over and re-spray with olive oil and continue to cook for remaining time or until golden and crisp.
Serve with your favourite condiment such as tomato, mayonnaise and aioli, with in-season fresh salad for
into a loaded burger with your favourite fillings. We love these chicken tenders in a burger with guacamole,
grilled corn, salsa and fresh salad greens. Recipe Notes:
To make these nut free, swap almond meal for organic desisted coconut.
You can also make this recipe using chicken breast, halved through the middle ad slightly flattened before
coating and cooking.