Rate this Recipe! 👇 Just click on the stars below!
- 1 pkt PomPom Paddock Kentucky Coating mix
- 1 cup buttermilk or preferred milk
- 1 kg chicken tenderloins cut into 3cm pieces
- 2/3 cup olive oil for cooking
- tomato sauce or aioli to serve
- Place the coating mix into a shallow bowl and the milk into another bowl.
- First toss the chicken in the coating mix, then into the buttermilk and back into the coating mix, pressing it on well. Allow excess buttermilk to stay on the chicken which gives a thicker coating. Place the crumbed chicken onto a plate and let it sit for at least 2 hours in the fridge or overnight if you like.
- Place the oil in a small pot so there is 2cm depth. Heat it over a medium/high heat for 4 minutes until hot enough to fry. Check by adding one piece of chicken. If it begins to fry straight away, the oil is hot enough.
- Cook the chicken in 3-4 batches, to not overcrowd the pan and lower the oil temperature, for 3 minutes, turning the chicken during cooking. Remove the chiocken with tongs or a slotted spoon and onto paper towel to drain. Serve the chicken straight away and also you can leave for up to 2 hours at room temp for two hours as a grazing snack with aioli, a garlicky yoghurt or tomato sauce.