- 1 tsp yeast
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 1 tsp honey
- 250 ml water
- 340 g PomPom Paddock Flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup tinned crushed tomato
- 1 clove garlic finely grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Good pinch salt and black pepper
- 200 g baby spinach wilted in a hot pan with a little olive oil.
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives chopped
- 150 g grated vegan cheese or mozzarella grated
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil to drizzle
- Lemon to serve if desired
- For the pizza base, combine the yeast, 2 tbsp water and honey in a small bowl and let sit for 10 minutes then add the rest of the water to this. Place the flour into a larger mixing bowl and add the water to this and mix with your hand to combine. Knead the mix for 5 minutes then cover with a tea towel and leave at room temp for 40 minutes. Gently knock the dough back, knead again for 1 minutes then tip onto a bench and divide in two equal pieces.
- Preheat an oven to 200C.
- In a small bowl combine the tomato, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and set aside.
- One by one, roll each of the dough balls between two pieces of baking paper to approx. 24cm circles.
- Peel off the top piece of paper and transfer the bottom piece with the rolled dough onto a baking tray.
- Spread each pizza base with the tomato, then top with wilted baby spinach, olives and cheese. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with a little olive oil then bake in the oven for approx. 8-10 minutes, serve with lemon to squeeze over if desired.