Rate this Recipe! 👇 Just click on the stars below!
- 2 1/4 cups PomPom Paddock Flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 160 g unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- 3 cups icing sugar mixture
- 1/3 cup cocao powder
- 1 tbsp butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 4 cup desicated coconut
- Preheat an oven to 180C, grease & line a 20cm x 30cm baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift together the flour mix, xanthan gum, pinch salt and baking powder.
- In an upright mixer with paddle attachment, whip the butter and sugar for approx. 5 minutes, until light and the sugar has dissolved. Add the vanilla and eggs one at a time allowing each one to mix through thoroughly before adding the next.
- Add the flour mix and milk and mix to combine then spoon the batter gently into the lined tray and spread out evenly then bake for 35-40 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the sponge to cool for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, trim the edges to neaten and cut into the cake in half and then cut each piesce in half to split open. Spoon the jam over the bottom half then place the top half back on and cut each into 6 large squares.
- For the icing, combine the ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Place the coconut into a shallow bowl then using forks, dip each square into the chocolate and then into the coconut, pressing the coconut onto the lamington and then place onto a wire rack and let the icing set for at least 30 minutes.