Rate this Recipe! 👇 Just click on the stars below!
- 1 medium eggplant sliced into 5mm thick slices
- ½ medium cauliflower cut into small florets approx. 3cm
- 1 pkt PomPom Paddock Italian Coating Mix
- 1 pkt PomPom Paddock Kentucky Coating Mix
- 1 cup preferred milk
- ¼ cup olive oil for cooking
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic finely crushed
- Juice 1 lemon
- Flake salt
- ½ cup Napoli sauce
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- Lemon & picked flat leaf parsley to serve
- For the eggplant, place half the Italian coating mix into a shallow bowl and half the milk into another bowl. Working a few slices at a time, toss the eggplant slices into the coating mix then dip into the milk and the back into the coating mix, pressing the mix on well.
- Transfer to a plate and repeat with all the eggplant. You may need a little more coating mix as you go.
- Next for the cauliflower, place half the Kentucky coating mix into a clean, shallow bowl and the remaining milk into a clean bowl and go through the same method with the florets.
- Tossing the cauliflower in coating mix then into the milk and back into the coating mix, pressing it on well.
- Allow the veggies to sit for at least 15 minutes or in the fridge for up to a few hours.
- Preheat an oven to 210C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and brush 2 tbsp of olive oil across each tray. Place the two veggies on each oiled tray. Then brush them with the remaining oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn them over and bake for approx. another 10 minutes until both are golden. The eggplant may be ready before the cauliflower, just watch it.
- Spread a little Napoli sauce over the cooked eggplant slices and top with cheese. Put back in the oven or under a grill for 2-3 minutes to melt.
- While the veggies cook, in a small bowl combine the tahini, garlic, lemon with 1/3 cup water. Whisk to a smooth sauce then season with a little salt and pepper. You may need a little more water, depending on your tahini.
- Serve the baked veggies with the tahini sauce, extra lemon and little parsley if you want to be fancy.