Rate this Recipe! 👇 Just click on the stars below!
- 2 cups PPP flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 ¼ cup hot water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 250 g raw prawn meat
- ¼ cup diced shallots white stem
- 2 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup black vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds toasted
- ¼ cup red chili finely sliced
- ¼ cup green shallots finely sliced
- For the dumpling dough, combine all the ingredients and knead to a smooth dough. Wrap in a clean cloth and leave at room temp while you prepare the filling.
- Boil some water and blanch the spinach for 20 seconds then drain, refresh in cold water, squeeze very dry and finely chop and pace into a small mixing bowl
- Finely chop the prawn meat as well and add to the spinach along with the remaining filling ingredients and mix well.
- Combine the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Cut the dough into approx. 20 small pieces and using more cauliflower flour mix, roll them with a rolling pin to approx. 9cm circles then use a cutter or lid to cut into a smooth circle.
- Repeat and stack the dumpling dough circles up using a little flour each time to roll so nothing sticks. You can re roll excess dough.
- Working with three at a time, lay out the dumpling wrappers and place approx. 1 tbsp filling into the middle of the wrappers then wet the edge. Bring the edges around together and either crimp the edge or simply press to seal and stand them up. The will store well in baking paper lined container, covered in the fridge for a day or two.
- Preheat a large non-stick frying pan, with a lid, over a medium to high heat and add the vegetable oil. Add the dumplings and cook to colour the bottom side then carefully add ½ cup of boiling water to the pan and place a lid on. Keep cooking on the medium to high heat until the water has absorbed, and the tops are cooked and the based golden.
- Serve the dumplings with the dipping sauce, shallots and chili.