Rate this Recipe! 👇 Just click on the stars below!
Streusel mix for base and topping
- 4 cups 600g PPP flour
- 11/3 cups 295g Caster sugar
- 375 g Unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup 110g Slivered almonds
- 11/2 tsp Mixed spice
- ½ tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1.2 Kg Granny Smith apples peeled cored and diced
- 410 g Fruit mince
- 50 g Unsalted butter
- ¾ 135g Brown sugar
- ¼ tsp Ground All spice
- 2 ½ tsp Mixed spice
- ¼ tsp Ground nutmeg
- Zest of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 20cm x 30cm slice tin, line with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the flour, sugar and butter in a large bowl and mix well to combine. Remove half (635g) of the streusel mix into the lined baking tray. Press with the back of a spoon to form an even base, then refrigerate for 10 minutes. Then bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- To make the filling, place the butter, apples, sugar, nutmeg, all spice and mixed spice into a large saucepan with a lid, over a high heat and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and cook for 3 minutes or until the apples are soft. Drain off any liquid then add the fruit mince and the lemon zest to the cooked apple.
- To the remaining streusel mix add the almonds, mixed spice and cinnamon, mix until well combined.
- Spoon the filling evenly over the base. Sprinkle the streusel mix over the filling.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool in the tin on a wire rack. Once cool cut into slices.