Rate this Recipe! 👇 Just click on the stars below!
- 2 ¼ cups Cauliflower flour + extra for rolling
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup water hottest tap water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 chicken tenderloins
- 1 tbsp Mexican spice or 1 tsp each ground cumin smokey paprika, oregano & coriander
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 punnet grape or cherry tomatoes quatered
- ½ red onion finely chopped (optional)
- ¼ bunch coriander roughly chopped
- Juice 1 lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- 1 avocado
- extra lime to serve
- Tortillas; in a large bowl, whisk together the cauliflower flour, xanthan gum and salt, add the hot water (as hot as you can make it from the tap) and olive oil and mix together the dough until it is a smooth ball. If too sticky, add another 1 tbsp flour at a time, the dough should be soft and playdoh-like but not sticky.
- Knead the dough for about 3 minutes then wrap in a damp cloth and let rest for 10 minutes or longer, wrapped thoroughly in the fridge.
- Marinate the chicken in the Mexican spice, some salt and the olive oil. Set aside.
- Mix all the salsa ingredients and set aside.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls and press to flatten. Keep the balls covered and using some more cauliflower flour, roll each ball with a rolling pin to approx. 10cm diameter circle. They should be quite thin.
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan so it’s very hot then cook each tortilla in the dry pan for 30 seconds each side. Transfer to a clean tea towel and keep wrapped as you continue to roll and cook each tortilla. This will keep them warm and soft.
- After cooking the tortillas, turn the pan down to a medium heat, add 1 tbsp of oil to the pan and cook the chicken tenderloins, approx. 2 minutes each side.
- To serve, slice some avocado, and lay in the centre of each tortilla, slice the chicken and lay that over the avocado then top with the salsa and serve with more lime if desired.