Rate this Recipe! 👇 Just click on the stars below!
- 1 pkt Chang's Rice Vermicelli Noodles
- 2 carrots shredded
- 3 green onions sliced finely
- 150 g snow peas sliced thinly
- 1 red chilli sliced
- 3 tbsp Chang’s Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Chang’s Oyster sauce Omit for plant-based version
- 2 tbsp Chang’s Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp caster sugar (fine)
Kentucky Coated Tofu
- 450 g extra firm tofu cut 1cm thick
- 3/4 cup PomPom Paddock Kentucky Style Crispy Coating
- 1 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 egg
- cooking oil for frying
- Slice the tofu into 1cm thick slices. Arrange on a paper towel and place extra paper towels over the top to drain moisture from the tofu. Allow to sit for 10 minutes. In the meantime, prepare the noodles.
- Cook rice vermicelli noodles according to packet instructions. Drain well. Prepare carrots, snow peas, chilli and green onions. Prepare the salad dressing by adding ingredients to a bowl and whisking well. Set all aside and return to tofu.
- In a bowl whisk the egg and milk. In a second bowl combine the @pompompaddock Kentucky Crispy Coating and black sesame seeds.
- Working one piece at a time, dip the tofu in the egg mixture and then the coating. Repeat with remaining pieces.
- Heat the oil in a wide non-stick frying pan (enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan) and cook the tofu for 3 minutes each side or until golden and crispy.
- In a large serving bowl, add the noodles, carrot, snow peas and green onions, chilli and combine well. Pour over the salad dressing and combine until evenly coated.
- Divide Vermicelli Salad between 4 bowls and place tofu over the top. Garnish with coriander leaves and wedges of lime (optional to add slices of cucumber and serve with Chang’s Original Hot Chilli Sauce).